2ND GHANA AWARDS – SOUTH AFRICA, A ROARING SUCCESS!
On Saturday, 26th August 2017, the 2nd Ghana Awards SA was successfully hosted at Asanka Restaurant in Rivonia, Johannesburg.
The red carpet ceremony was well attended, and was graced by the presence of Ghana’s High Commissioner to South Africa, His Excellency Mr. George Ayisi-Boateng, members of the diplomatic corps, business executives, Ghanaian and South African Professionals in various fields, as well as Ghanaian celebrities.
In his address to the audience, High Commissioner Ayisi-Boateng noted that it was very encouraging and significant that though away from the shores of Ghana, Ghanaians in South Africa continue to uphold and lift high the name of Ghana, in various areas and capacities. The keynote speaker, Mrs. Ellen Tsabalala, also attested to the hardworking nature of Ghanaians.
It was a night of merry-making and jubilation in support of the achievements and successes of Ghanaians living in South Africa. The winners of the 2017 Ghana Awards South Africa, in the various categories are as follows:
- Life Time Achievement Award – Mr. Enoch Oppong Peprah
- Ghanaian Making an Impact in the Community – Mr. Anthony Afordofe
- Outstanding Academic Achievement – Mr. Everett Nana Kwame Asante
- Professional Achiever of the Year – Ms. Euphemia Annor
- Most Influential Individual - Mr. Thomas Kuduck
- Business Person of the Year – Ms. Mariam-Fouziata Abudulai
- Excellence in Entertainment - Yinks
- Fashion Designer of The Year – Ms. Beatrice Oppong Buabeng
- Best Friend of Ghana - Anathi “Kweku” Ralushe
- Business of the year (Small/Medium) - Media Africa Studios
- Most Influential Youth – Mr. Bill Boisson
- Hair Salon of the Year - Friends Salon
- Best Company (Large) - Akweni Architects
- Ghana Association of the Year - Northwest Ghana Association
- Most Popular Church - Eagles Revival Ministries
For more information about Ghana Awards, media interviews, or general enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org