POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC SECTION OF THE GHANA HIGH COMMISSION IN PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA AND COUNTRIES OF CONCURRENT ACCREDITATION.
Participating in and reporting on Foreign Policy is a key objective of the High Commission of the Republic of Ghana.
The Political and Economic Section works directly with the Department of International Cooperation (DIRCO) of the Republic of South Africa as well as with other Departments, Agencies and Partners in South Africa to promote cooperation and common understanding in bilateral and multilateral relations and issues related to global politics.
The principal mission of the Political and Economic Section is to advance Ghana’s policies and interests throughout the Southern African Region particularly the Mission’s countries of concurrent accreditation in order to strengthen Ghana’s relations with the region’s institutions and market economies, encourage regional cooperation in the promotion of African Integration and build partnerships to meet other key challenges facing both the ECOWAS and SADC Regions.
To achieve these goals, the Section’s daily and longer-term responsibilities in South Africa and the countries of concurrent accreditation include:
- Advising the High Commissioner on key political, economic, labour, infrastructure, defence and environmental developments etc.;
- Representing the government of Ghana and promoting Ghana’s policy objectives with local governments, regional and international organizations, businesses, civil society, and the media;
- Monitoring and reporting to relevant Ghanaian Ministries, Departments and Agencies on the full range of priority issues for the Ghana government;
- Coordinating the High Commission’s submission of required reports and the Mission’s Strategic Plan;
- Advocating for Ghana’s economic and commercial interests, in collaboration with other Ghanaian agencies; and
- Organizing official visits, including those of the Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches of government as well as of the Military, Police, Senior Ghanaian Officials and the Private Sector.
For more information on the activities of the Political and Economic Section, please contact The Political and Economic Section firstname.lastname@example.org